Friday, September 17, 2010

Pretty in Pink?

Okay, I changed our blog layout. The old layout kept giving me a "Picture removed by photobucket" square right in the middle of the screen. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what photo it was talking about!

So, what do you think about the new layout? Is it a bit too girly and pink? Will hasn't see it yet, so I'm thinking I have a few days to search the web for a new one I like :)

You were probably hoping this was going to be a post with photos, but I fooled you! Ha! Just kidding! No, but really, we bought a new Mac when we arrived here in Illinois because the movers destroyed our PC. I will be honest in saying that I am totally Mac incompetent. In fact, I have often referred to it as the Apple! Yes, I realize that I am totally comparing this great new computer to my family's first Apple-E computer! Some of you out there will think I am crazy, but I digress. All our photos are downloaded on this magnificent (or so I am told) Mac, and since I have only touched the thing twice since we bought it 3 weeks ago, I am not about to make it 3 times by trying to download pics by myself. So, as soon as I can convince William to do it for me, I will post those pictures... to include... Caleb's fourth birthday party, our last days in Colorado, our fun road trip through Kansas (seriously we made it fun!), the new rental, Caleb's first day of Pre-K, Caleb's soccer team, the Magic house, and our trip to Huntsville.

Since this is no longer a blog all about me (shucks!) I am only going to include one little paragraph about myself :). My health since we arrived here has been fairly good! I have been so thankful that my headaches have been few and far between. Right before we left Colorado I was able to see a Medical Massage Therapist. She was amazing! These sessions were in no way nice relaxing massages though! She was very well trained to work specific muscles in the body, and she knew exactly how to manipulate the muscles up and down my neck and back to release the grasp they had on my Occipital Nerve. It did wonders! Here in Illinois we have not been able to find someone with the same credentials as this therapist, but I have been able to get my referral to a new neurologist. As for my primary care, we have already been experiencing the run around with Tricare. Please pray that we can speak to the right people to get the problems sorted out! I am in need of having some medicines re-leveled, so it is very important for this to happen in a timely manner.

As for ministry happenings, Will and I are encouraged by the opportunities we see around us. The base Chapel is always a place in need of people who are willing to labor for the kingdom. We will be teaching the high school Sunday school class starting this Sunday. We are hoping that this will blossom into some key relationships within the chapel community. There are moms all around that I get to interact with, and I am hoping that those relationships will lead to some great ministry times.

Well, that's about all from Illinois right now. I am busy trying to get the house in order, and anticipating a Midwestern Fall.
Much Love
Teresa for the 3 of us.

No comments: