Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The Headache That Never Seems to End

Well we have tried all our other options as far as the Doctors and insurance are concerned. So, I am headed for the Hospital visit. The nurse called this morning to confirm some details, and now I am just waiting for the call from the Doc to tell me which hospital he wants me to show up at. The treatment will consist of 2-3 days of an IV drug called DHE for short.

I'm feeling thankful that I will finally get relief, but a bit daunted by the whole three days of laying in a hospital bed, feeling drugged up, poked and prodded, and being bored out my noggin!

I will say I am having a hard time reconciling this hospital stuff with the time I have spent in the Word. It is not that God does not heal through medicine, it is that I envisioned being healed by other means. Isn't that silly? I have spoken about not planning ahead over and over in this blog, and yet without even knowing it I had this neat little scheme in my head of how I wanted God to heal me! So even in this hospital visit God continues to shape and form me into a follower who is learning to just trust at every turn. I'm getting the hang of it... but I must have one thick head!!!!

So please pray for this medicine and the healing hands of God to eradicate this headache and not let it come back! Pray for the Doctors and Nurses that I come in contact with and that I would be a blessing to them and not just another patient. Pray that in the hours of drugged sitting I might have sweet time with God and that the Evil One would stay far away! Lastly pray for Will and Caleb as they have no wife/mommy for a few days.

You won't hear from me for a few days most likely, but I will update u when I am released from the hospital. (oh and I had a scan of my gallbladder today. It will be a few days till the results get back to my internal med Doctor. I am just praying it is some mild random pain that disappears, and that I don't need my gallbladder removed next week!)
All my love
T

No comments: