Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Rescue me in Truth and Faithfulness

I could not help but share part of the psalm I read this morning…
Psalm 69:1-3,13-17,29-36

Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck [they threaten my life].
I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold; I have come into deep waters, where the floods overwhelm me.
I am weary with my crying; my throat is parched; my eyes fail with waiting [hopefully] for my God.
But as for me, my prayer is to You, O Lord. At an acceptable and opportune time, O God, in the multitude of Your mercy and the abundance of Your loving-kindness hear me, and in truth and faithfulness of Your salvation answer me.
Rescue me out of the mire, and let me not sink; let me be delivered from those who hate me and from out of the deep waters.
Let not the floodwaters overflow and overwhelm me, neither let the deep swallow up nor the [dug] pit close its mouth over me.
Hear and answer me, O Lord, for Your loving-kindness is sweet and comforting; according to Your plenteous tender mercy and steadfast love turn to me.
Hide not Your face from Your servant, for I am in distress; O answer me speedily!
But I am poor, sorrowful, and in pain; let Your salvation, O God, set me up on high.
I will praise the name of God with a song and will magnify Him with thanksgiving,
And I will please the Lord better than an ox or a bullock that has horns and hoofs.
The humble shall see it and be glad; you who seek God, inquiring for and requiring Him [as your first need], let your hearts revive and live!
For the Lord hears the poor and needy and despises not His prisoners (His miserable and wounded ones).
Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and everything that moves in them.
For God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah; and [His servants] shall remain and dwell there and have it in their possession:
The children of His servants shall inherit it, and those who love His name shall dwell in it.

Deep sigh ……. Honey to my soul!

I had my Neurology appointment today. The Bottom line… Lord willing, my headache should be gone in two weeks max.

The Doc thinks the headache is really a rebound headache, exaggerated by the other medical conditions and the excessive narcotics I have been prescribed. So, I am happy to say there is no more Vicodin, Percocet, Darvocet, Tylenol, or even Motrin in my future! Today I started a migraine type pain reliever and some steroids to help my body heal itself. If that doesn’t break it, then on Friday I will start an IV med in the Neurologist’s office. I can repeat that procedure again on Monday if needed in office. The Neurologist (Dr. Williams) goes on His Hospital rotation the second half of next week, so if the migraine is still with us, then He will go ahead and check me in to the hospital for about three days. He actually said that the most effective way to get rid of a headache like this is to get me in the hospital for about three straight days of IV drugs. Unfortunately there is a major shortage of Neurologists in this town, so hospitals frown on checking in migraine patients when their attending neurologist is not there to oversee their treatment. That being said, we are so thankful for this wonderful news, and also hoping that my headache is gone before we get to the hospital stage. Partly for the obvious reason that hospital stays are not always the most pleasant, and secondly because we have an anniversary trip planned to Vegas over that weekend!

So, there it is in a nut shell!!! We might just be coming to the end of a journey here! I am once again praying for the Lord’s glory, that my life, even in suffering, might be used for the furthering of His Kingdom, and that the lessons I have learned in this desert time would change the trajectory of my story forever!

Much Love
T

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad the doctors are slowing figuring things out! I hope the IV on Friday worked and you don't have to be admitted! Praying for you!!